Sunday, February 28, 2010

Starting weight

I just realized I never listed my current weight. It is 207 lbs. Don't get me wrong though, my goal isn't to lose weight, but to look and feel better about myself. Also, my goal is muscle mass as well as fat loss, so I am hoping to see little weight change due to the fact that muscle weighs more than fat. I just thought it would be good to document my current weight.

Today I will be out and about most of the day. I will be hitting a Home and Lifestyle show and then the Bassmaster University is a bit later at Bass Pro. Hopefully I can find a good place to get a healthy snack here or there and not be drawn in to the thought of a yummy greasy burger somewhere. Wish me luck.

Oh… that reminds me (not sure why… but it did). I used to drink 8-10 Mountain Dews a day and I was really addicted to the caffeine. About a year ago, or somewhere around there, I decided to give up soda altogether. I typically drink water and feel that it has been one of the best choices I have ever made. I feel so much better and have rarely gotten sick and I attribute that to my water intake. I feel like it flushes all the impurities from my body. I am getting off subject, so let me delve back in… every once in awhile, I treat myself to a soda. So the other day I was going to get me a Cherry Coke out of the vending machine. Well, what popped out was a Cherry Coke Zero. I thought, oh well, I’ll just drink it and go on. To me, it tasted better than the real thing. So I looked on the back and it said 0 calories and 0 caffeine. So now I have a drink I really like without the ugliness attached. I am inclined to drink more Cherry Coke Zero due to that fact, but that would also mean less water intake which (if I am correct about the water intake) might weaken my health level. What do I do? What do you think? Should I put the Cherry Coke Zero to the back of my mind and continue drinking just plain, old, bland tasting water?

2 comments:

  1. Take it from a diet-soda addict...stick with water as much as you can. I drank only diet soda since high school and figured it was OK since it was diet. THen I started doing some research on nutrition and found out that diet soda is still not great for you.

    Steve & I went all of January not drinking soda (we were doing 1-2 every day before). Now I get it when we're out sometimes, but we don't buy it at home anymore.

    Have you tried putting lemon or lime (or other citrus) in your water?

    Hope you recovered from the b-day party..that was a LOT of food!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Then that seals the deal... sticking with water. I was leaning towards that decision, so thanks for helping me finalize it.

    I haven't tried the lemon or lime, but I do pour in a lipton tea or crystal light pack to add a little flavor. As far as ingredients though, I am not sure they are any better than what the Cherry Coke Zero has.

    ReplyDelete